Everyone is invited to take part in the first ever Quadropolis Mapping Contest! Yes that means you, even if you havn't mapped before or havn't made a map in a really long time.
The rules & limitations are as follows.
This mapping contest will be for Sauerbraten. Download the attached map and use it as the base for your submission. We (the judges) picked out a few random textures that you'll be limited to, which are included in the attached map.
- You cannot increase the map size.
- You cannot add to or change the map.cfg
- Map must be submitted by 23:59-Apr. 30, 2007.
- You can only submit one map.
- The map must be designed for one or more of the multiplayer gamemode(s).
- While I'd prefer you use the latest package, the CVS version is ok.
- The map cannot be a map previously submitted to Quadropolis.
- No plagiarism, the map must be entirely your own work!
- Have fun!
The judges will vote on all the maps after Apr. 30th, and pick a winner.
Maps will be voted 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) in;
- Design: Geometry and texture detailing/use.
- Originality: While this cadigory isn't a priority, it is encuraged.
Your judges will be: Nieb, makkE, Pxtl
When finished, add your submission to Quadropolis as you normally would, but name it "Contest1_*your-map-name*"
The winner will receive...umm, we're working on this part...
Any Questions? Feel free to leave a comment and ask.