Anticube 2 is a puzzle map for Tesseract. You'll find yourself in an interactive, dynamic, non-euclidean world. Supported by 5000+ lines of Cubescript and GLSL code, this map will do things no other Cube 2 / Tesseract map has ever done before. Its theme and concepts are greately inspired by Antichamber and NaissanceE – great puzzle / exploration games with strong surreal atmosphere.
You can start Anticube 2 by loading the map ac2 (/map ac2). To have the best experience possible, please follow these recommendations:
- Avoid using third person camera. It can break things.
- Explore everything. There is no place from which you cannot return. There are many secrets hidden in the map.
- Use your wits rather than brute force. Observe everything.
- You don't need shooting in any way to complete the map. Don't shoot.
- You don't have to solve everything. There are 10 cubes in the map, but you only need 8 to access The Core.
- Use the SVN build of Tesseract if possible (and turn volumetric lighting on)
- This map has music. Make sure you have your music on in the settings.
- Turn your hudgun off (/hudgun 0).
- Don't swich to edit mode until you have finished the map. It will be tempting, but please resist.
Now you're good to go. Have fun!
The map uses many assets from various authors. You can see full credits in map's readme or at map's end area. Special thanks to TristamK and Fishgius for testing.
Update 14th March 2015
+ Added collisions for rocks
+ Added missing readme
* Cleaned up outside parts of the map
* Small fixes
Update 19th October 2015
+ Included revised scripts by RaZgRiZ
* Minor terrain improvements
* Minor bug fixes
You can now download the latest version of Anticube 2 on Github