And here it finally is; a new map!
I started this project nearly a year ago and was actually based on the preview map of the textures that have been used. Despite that, it took longer than expected as the layout had to be extended over and over again.
I've aimed on the tournament deathmatch side of Sauerbraten, so prepare to use everything you've got when trying to frag that single opponent!
The atmosphere and details should bring you back to the days when everything wasn't that sweet looking when it comes to the textures. Then again, the quite curvy and smooth geometry, the textureblending and lighting should compromise this.
Just give it a spin, try out this map and post some comment with certain feedback included!
Downloaded the custom textures before loading the map which can be obtained here!
The tele_curve model isn't alpha blended while it's configuration says it should and the skin contains an alpha channel. Whether this is a bug on Cube Engine 2 or some mistake within the skin or config-file; do me a favour and please look at it.
There currently is also a bug with the decalworld shader; you might not be able to see all decals when having a resolution lower than 1280x768 (you'll have trouble with that resolution as well). This seems to be a bug in the engine. Please report if you noticed the very same or anything different.
I would like to thank John Fitzgibbons for these forgotten textures.
The map itself is licensed as BY-SA; so just credit me if you use anything from it and use the very same license for your work. That's all.
- Add a cloudlayer.
7 November 2014
- Replaced red dominating lighting for blue or yellow lights.
- Lowered the pit in the sewer to let grenades not hit you that easily.
- Added clip next to the lava so you can jump up when getting stuck there.
- Improved the flow by pushing the floor of the highest platform more inside the wall (should be more accessible from both sides now).
- Replaced the dirt-texture jfrock.jpg for a way brighter one, dirt01.jpg (and dirt02.jpg) and brightened the jf_brick2.jpg ingame.
- Increased the height of the glass tubes around the armours.
15 December 2014
- Added sounds.
- Cleaned up some mess of the config-file and included the license and explanation within there.
- Updated screenshots.