I only think the concept of (re)viewing content focused on Cube Engine (2) and providing support or feedback to the community should go back to it's roots; with or without Quadropolis.
So in my vision only the next couple of things should be kept;
- Forum (for discussions, help and support, content creation).
- Newspage about the engine, the games which are using it, the website itself (like for announcements).
- Content creation divided right from the start into what kind of game and what kind of content.
- 3 feedbars like the one on the the right of your screen but then divided over content, forum and news, instead of throwing everything into 1 bar. No starred content anymore but those vertical blocks instead.
- Profile page for your account, profile settings and personal messages.
- Administration page divided into a changelog, userlist, settings, etc.
- No polls anymore as they can be manipulated too easily and there's a forum for that any way.
- No uploads directly on the website anymore. This ends the discussion of the upload limit and upload issues for those with a bad connection. Use your own website or something like iCloud, mediafire or dropbox instead.
- No rating-system; it has no use in providing feedback at all and only leaves messy discussions which eventually have nothing to do with the node anymore.
- Category-system minimized (like the only options to choose for maps are what kind of release (obsolete, SVN or current) and which license; no map-size, gamemode or development state anymore. Put that in the description instead). Newcomers don't get the system anyway.
- Content existing longer than a period of time gets locked and archived or deleted.
- Nodes and comments are just nodes and comments so can't have their own custom font and layout, neither embedded screenshots or vids within the content description or within comments (pages like guides or news still can), but rather an attachment which is a link towards another website that displays the screenshot or vid.
- No search tool; there's Google to find specific content.
The goal is to keep it light-weight, easy to use and easy to manage in the long term.
I know it looks quite a lot like a ripped down version of Quadropolis (but that's the idea) and it's harder to make than just putting it right here. It's not a demand, rather a suggestion (to save time and effort developing such thing).