I tried to increase the quality of various non-shadered packages already included in the game, and I added normals, specular, glow and height maps. They now are bumby, shiny and emit some shadows.
How to install :
First backup your packages and especialy your packages.cfg files in an other directory. You should do this if you want to revert to the old textures.
Then unzip/extract inside the sauerbraten directory -> overwrite all -> yes
There are many maps who benefit from my enhanced textures. If you play a map wich has dark textures, or looks strange, then it is required that you do a /calclight and save the map to keep the effect of my textures. Sadly there a number of maps that use their own texture config file, and I don't have the permission to distribute those here.
If you want too see all modified textures, then type the following when you start sauerbraten: /map texpreview
***If anyone who has made a map, and fully supports my work, let me know, so I can supply an updated config file that uses the new textures. Altough newmade maps already support my textures, unless they supply a different one.
Update V1.1 :
- added "glowcolour" parameter to the lights
- fine tuned height maps
- fine tuned specular maps
Update V1.1a :
- fixed bug in ot ( small fix )
- fixed missing texture ( thanks for kretren for alerting me )
Update V1.2 :
- Added tech1soc package
BIG Update V1.7 :
- Update now contains the dg, ikbase, ik2k, subverse, than_ind, g-pack, jf1 and payne texture packages, and some misc texture packages.
- Tech1soc and egyptsoc are updated completely.
- Some bugs are fixed.
- First config file of the map "tejen" is now included. ( approved by mayhem )
- A demo map for all the textures is now included. ( mainly for testing )
- Removed unnecesairy files inside the zips to decrease file size.
- Updated screenshot.
Update V1.9 :
- Complete remake of normals and redone some displacement maps where needed
Update V1.9a :
- Tiny fix of box texture that was to shiny. ( fixed in package: misc2-enhanced )
|g-pack enhanced.zip||3.53 MB|
|misc_1 enhanced.zip||3.87 MB|
|ik enhanced.zip||2.34 MB|
|misc-2 enhanced.zip||3.88 MB|